A heavily decorated chimneypiece of white statuary and sienna marble. The central tablet is sculpted with very a finely carved urn flanked with ram’s heads, drapery and foliage which epitomizes the refinement and elegance Adam brought to his work.
The cherub decorated end blocks are upheld by tapering reeded pilaster fronts supporting a mantel featuring Adam style swags and medallions surmounted cornicing. Below this the uprights to the left and right feature lion head masks and stylised bell drop flowers.
A wide breakfront shelf sits above.
Bank of Ireland, d’Olier Street, Dublin.
The street is named after Jeremiah D’Olier (1745–1817), a Huguenot goldsmith and one of the first governors of the Bank of Ireland in 1801. D’Olier was the City Sheriff in 1788 and a member of the Wide Streets Commission. The street was one of the last major interventions in the Dublin city plan to be executed by the Wide Streets Commissioners.
The building has since been demolished and replaced by modern office buildings.
Price on Request