Early 19th Century Regency flame mahogany and brass inlaid sidetable with pair of matching pair of free-standing plinth pedestals in the manner of Thomas Hope.
The sidetable with moulded top of rectangular form with inlaid greek key banding raised over apron centred with ornately carved lion mask in high relief flanked with pair of drawers with shaped fielded panels with scroll motif supported on hairy lion mask monopodiae surmounted with anthemion terminating on paw foot.
The pair of free-standing plinth pedestals flanking the sidetable inlaid with brass anthemion, each with panelled cupboard with scroll motif, one enclosing cellarette drawer, the reverse indistinctly inscribed ‘JOP DAU..Y’, the locks stamped ‘BRAMAH’ below a crown, each pedestal with a label for ‘THE PANTECHNICON H. CHANNON ESQ 13 1 38 92 BELGRAVE SQUARE’.
Sir Henry ‘Chips’ Channon, 1938 (The Pantechnicon storage label)
Price On Request